Chilli is definitely up there on my list of favourite meals because it's easy to make, it can be used in so many different meals and it's easy to batch cook so you have some for the next days meals. When making your own you can also make it to your own tastes which is great because you can make it as hot as you like; I personally just like mine with a bit of a kick but you could easily add more chilli to make it hotter. I made a pan the other day and I had it on top of wedges one day with my healthy extra cheese on top, it tasted so naughty but it was actually totally Syn free! The next meal I made with it is the one pictured below, chilli with new potatoes, salad, 1 tbsp of light salad cream (2 syns) and 45g of grilled light halloumi cheese (HEXA)...
1 packet of less than 5% fat mince
1 tin plum tomatoes
250g tomato passata
1 tin kidney beans
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
Beef stock cube
1 tsp lazy chilli (more if you like it hotter!)
1 tsp lazy garlic
To be honest, when I make it, I pretty much just chuck it all in a pan and leave it to simmer but there is a bit of an 'order' in which it goes in...
- Brown the mince and onions in a pan
- Add the peppers and mushrooms
- Pour in the passata and tin of tomatoes
- Add the stock cube, lazy garlic and lazy chilli
- Add the kidney beans (I usually drain half the water but put the other half in the pan with the beans)
- Bring to boil and then simmer for around 30 mins, stirring occasionally and wait for it to thicken up.
- Once it's at the right consistency, take it off the heat, stir and leave for 5 mins.
And there you go, a pan of chilli read to do with what you want; a jacket potato topping, with rice, wedges and stuffed peppers are just a few ideas.
Subscribe: Blog Lovin' | Twitter | YouTube