The eternal British moan: 'Where has summer gone, have we ever had one?'
In all honesty I can take or leave summer, I just don't like it in this country. Even if we do tend to get a bit of sun it's very rarely enough to properly celebrate it; I think we've had about a week of a bit of a heat wave this year but that's been about it, the rest of the time it's been a bit dreary or just muggy and humid which really does feel like the weather of the devil; sweaty but not sunny and sleepless nights when you don't know whether you want to be in or out of the covers, what even is that?!
As far as I'm concerned bring on the autumn/winter weather ASAP.
1. I can wrap up, let's be honest it's much easier to get warm than it is to cool down
2. I know where I stand with clothes, none of this 'is it warm enough to be without a coat' business, I want to go out in a coat or jacket and know I'm going to need it, not sweat my boobs off in it or spend the day lugging it around
3. I can have a hot drink and enjoy it without overheating
4. I can snuggle into the covers at night without waking up sweating my boobs off
5. I can wear a berry lip and not feel gothic
6. No more exposing my arms and back, yes!
7. Gravy based foods taste so much nicer when it's cold
8. I don't have to worry about having perfectly manicured toenails
9. I don't necessarily have to shave my legs every 3 days
10. I can buy pretty, cosy scarves
What are your favourite things about autumn/winter?
Subscribe: Blog Lovin' | Twitter | YouTube